Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Homemade Body Spray


I'm sorry for the late post, I have been feeling really bad lately so I will try and catch up as soon as possible.  I thank all the readers for understanding.

Today is about body spray.  I know that I love food or spice smells.  I have received as a gift for the last few years, a vanilla body spray from Avon.  I adore the smell.  Below we will find some easy do it yourself sprays. 


The first recipe is made to fit an 8 ounce container. 

5 ounces distilled water
2 ounces vodka, perfumer's alcohol or witch hazel
1/2 ounce Polysorbate 20 (fragrance modifier)
1-2 tsp. fragrance oil or essential oil
1/2 tsp. liquid glycerin (helps retain scent)

Use 5 ounces of water at first to start, and then top it off at the end with more distilled water.

Measure and combine all ingredients in a pump spray bottle and shake.

The mixture will be cloudy at first and may even foam a little but will gradually clear as the solution comes together.

*You may purchase polysorbate 20, glycerin, and perfumer's alcohol at the same store where you can purchase fragrances and essential oils.

Orange Blossom Body Spray

1 ounce filtered water
60-90 drops of orange essential oil (less or more to your liking)
1/2 tsp. vegetable glycerine

Mix ingredients together in a  small spray bottle and shake well.  Always shake before using.

I hope that you will experiment with oils and come up with your own 'signature' scent. 

Do you use body sprays and what are your favorite scents.  Have you made your own body spray before?

0 comments: