Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday 24 October 2012

I was nominated...





A few weeks ago (sorry it has taken me so long to participate) Mary over at Cherry Blossom Love awarded me a Liebster award.  She has a great blog and I love checking in on her and finding out what she is up to.  She is a new mom and loves to decorate, organize, craft, and more.  Please check her blog out!

I have been unable to find the origins of this award, but most speculations are that it began in Germany as Liebster means "dearest".  There are some speculations about the actual rules of this award, some saying it needs blogs under 3000 followers, but the one that I received is blogs with less than 200 followers.  Due to the fact that I received mine for under 200, that is what I will do for my choices.

Here are 11 things about myself.

  1. I taught myself how to make websites many years ago.  I do love to play around with them but am not dedicated enough to make a business out of it especially with my health.
  2. I grew up around my aunts dog kennel.  She bred American Cocker Spaniels for about 20 years and then she started breeding Shitzu's. 
  1. I once moved to the US for 3 years.
  1. I collect fairy sculptures and pictures.
  1. My favorite animal in the world is wolves.
  1. I love to make graphics and find it very relaxing if there are no deadlines to the project.  I got tired of the drama in the graphic world online and went a whole year without creating anything and have just started again since starting this blog.
  1. I only have 2 real friends.  One of them lives 11 hours away and I miss her terribly.  The other friend I just met about 2 months ago.  She lives 3 houses away and due to my illness and being in bed most of the time, I just never got the opportunity to meet many people.  I am enjoying this time spent with K and her family.  It also motivates me to try and get up a bit more then I am used to.
  1. I have had both big toes amputated due to excessive ingrown toe nails.  I got super sick with an infection called Cellulitis for 8 months and they finally agreed after trying all avenues of treatment that it was best.  It was the greatest decision I ever made.  G likes to kid and say that at least I am unique lol.
  1. My mother is my closest friend.  It wasn't always this way but it has changed drastically in the last 10 years.  She is a snowbird and travels from Ontario Canada to Yuma Arizona each winter.  I find it extremely difficult because she is gone for 5 months a year and I miss her dearly.
  1. I love to watch reality shows.
  1. I suffer from depression and have since I was 7.  It has been relatively under control for the last few years but I still have times when I get into a deep slump and sleep a lot.

Well those are things about me.  I hope that you learned a bit and haven't scared you away.  I am totally an open book and I am online who I am in real life.  I am looking forward to making friends online from this blog.



Here are the answers to the 11 questions that Mary asked me.

  1. What is one item you could never live without? Why?
I couldn't live without my computer.  It truly is my connection with the world.  Due to my illness I do not get out much but due to my computer I don't feel so isolated.
  1. What is your favorite post you have written?  Why?
My favorite blog has to be Projects and Projects and more Projects.  This is my favorite post because it was a light bulb for me about trying to stick to my 'Today's'.  I also think it’s a lesson a lot of people can take and apply to their lives.
  1. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is Halloween.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to celebrate a Halloween the way I wish I could.  Last year both G and I had a horrible flu so we ended up unable to give out candy as we didn't want to risk getting the children ill.  One day I will totally decorate outside the house and have a huge Halloween party.
  1. What has been the best gift you have ever received?
I think other than my children, the best gift I ever received is finding G and beginning our friendship from an online site.  I wasn't looking for him but found him none the less.  Best gift ever!
  1. If you could go back in time and do one thing differently what would it be?
I hope you don't think this is a cop out but I believe that each road I have traveled I brought lessons with me into the future.  All those experiences , some good, and a lot of bad and tough ones, have made me who I am today.  If we go back and change even the littlest thing it would change who and where you are today in some way and I wouldn't risk it. 
  1. How much time do you spend a day blogging?
While I am not posting the whole time, I do spend tons of hours each day focusing on blog and home things.  I would say that in some fashion I spend at least 6 hours a day on the blog.  This includes research, blog posts, reading blogs, and planning projects for the house. 
  1. How many hours do you wish you could?
Wow, if I could I would spend about 10 hours a day.  The reason for that would be because I always feel there is never enough hours in the day for me to do all the things I wish I could do.
  1. What is your favorite Pinterest Pin?
This is my favorite pin because it is in my favorite color, and its an organized fun craft room and I hope to have a room like this one day.
  1. If you could team up with any company for a product review/giveaway who would it be?
I think it is a tie between a cricut and silhouette cameo.  Both of these would be used all the time in our house. 
  1. Did you like high school or college better?  Why?
I enjoyed college better due to being so sick during high school.  I ended up leaving school in grade 10 and went back many years later and received my GED and went to college twice. 
  1. Who is your male/female celebrity crush?
LOL everyone always looks at me funny, but my favorite alive crush is Sam Elliot but my biggest crush ever was Heath Ledger.  I loved him dearly and was so distraught to hear of his passing.

0 comments: